To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
At Tableau (part of Salesforce), our mission is to help people see and understand data. We build products and features that transform the way people use data to solve problems. The Tableau Prep team makes data preparation visual and interactive. Released in 2018, Tableau Prep enables customers to clean, combine, and reshape data for analysis and other applications. We solve our customers' complex data preparation problems on ever-increasing data sets in the cloud, data lake, databases and data warehouses. This is a powerful application, used with love by data professionals, and we seek a strong UI-focused engineer to enhance its capabilities and build an expressive application framework. This is an opportunity to work on a young and fast-moving product from the stability of a large company.
As a Lead Member of Technical Staff on our team, you will be responsible for the development of client-side features and application frameworks. We’re looking for a full stack, experienced engineer who shares our passion of building delightful products while collaborating with product managers, UI designers, other developers and testers in a healthy and diverse environment.
What you’ll be doing..
As a Lead Member of Technical Staff, some of the things you’ll do include:
Who you are…
- Work collaboratively with the team and across other teams to create beautiful and expressive user interfaces for the Tableau Prep product.
- Design and implement new capabilities to clean, combine, and reshape data.
- Use the full capabilities of React, Redux, and Typescript to build a state-of-the-art front end.
- Occasionally dive into Java & C++ backends to connect different parts of the product.
- Drive and take full ownership of the end-to-end quality of the code deployed to Production
- Work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Promote code quality by writing clean, readable, maintainable, modular and efficient code
- Resolve customer bugs and support issues in a timely manner
- Participate in the ongoing evolution of the existing system architecture
- Review code and mentor other Software Engineers to help develop their technical skills
- Backend: Java or C#; C++ is a plus.
- Perforce, Git or similar version control software
- Trusted Leader: You are self-motivated and motivate others. You have excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills. You have a successful track record of developing and shipping high quality software.
- Quality Focused: You write code that’s well-tested, performs well, and fails gracefully. Experience dealing with large datasets in a highly performant way is a bonus. You work with those around you to improve the quality of our systems, code and engineering practices.
- Customer Focused: You regularly think from the customer perspective and are eager to learn about customer scenarios and problems.
- Good Communicator: You can present your ideas and results to the team, contribute to technical documentation, ask questions and apply active listening skills.
- Respectful: You treat your colleagues with honesty, kindness, and respect and actively do your part to create a positive work environment. You are unafraid to ask questions when you don’t know the answer, and you approach disagreements with the possibility that you might be wrong.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.