Siemens Smart Infrastructure Distribution Systems covers a comprehensive end-end service portfolio including solutions projects for all vertical markets. The Solution Engineering team is providing project engineering services for larger projects, starting from eHouse and retrofit solution to complete turnkey solutions utilizing our product portfolio – from next generation Bus Chargers, Switchgear, MCC, generator circuit breaker to retrofit solutions.
The Integration Engineer will be responsible for overseeing engineering submittals, required on key contracts, and acts as the lead technical point of contact for the project team. A successful candidate will have experience reviewing customer specifications for their technical content, engaging with product marketing experts, and overseeing the generation of an overall solution for a larger project team. The Project Engineer will provide engineering and equipment subcontractor oversight, in close partnership with the overall Project Manager.
- Review of customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for key customer projects
- Prepare drawing packages, equipment submittals, testing specifications and other engineering-related documents
- Coordinate between internal and external engineering teams
- Close work with the project management team
- Change management,
- Closing of open issues
- Technical support during the project life cycle
- Interfacing design (electrical/mechanical)
- Cable List
- Electrical Interface drawings
- Technical interface to the field service engineering team
- Support Factory acceptance test
- Ability to learn on the own
- Ability to adapt to new situations
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical role, which may include inside system design, electrical design, commissioning, or electrical installation
- Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for LV and MV distribution equipment; switchgear, breakers, conductors, power transformers
- Excellent organizational skills with managing large engineering submittal packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
- Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics
- AutoCAD experience required
- Ability to set and manage priorities
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.