The primary responsibility of the position is to assist in the coordination of all export shipments and all gas chromatograph analyzer shipments for the Houston, TX manufacturing facility.
- Shipping coordination of all export shipments including spare parts.
- Shipping coordination of all gas chromatograph analyzer system shipments.
- Arranging for crating of all analyzer and spare parts orders as needed.
- Arranging movement of all air/ocean shipments.
- Arranging for daily shipment pick-ups for gas chromatograph systems.
- Preparation, legalization and filing of all necessary export paperwork as needed.
- Tracking of all gas chromatograph analyzer system shipments to delivery.
- Performing as one of the primary contacts with operations personnel, freight forwarders, freight companies and customers regarding product shipments to customers.
- Updating information for customer orders as needed in SAP.
- Develop and implement operational processes and procedures to ensure efficient movement of freight, minimizing freight spending and still meeting customer’s delivery expectations.
- Review, coding, and approval of incoming freight bills as necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with the Siemens US Export Control and Compliance Group (ECC team).
- Perform back-up role for gas chromatograph and sample system order entry.
- Perform back-up role for order management tasks and invoicing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- The qualified candidate will possess a high school diploma or related discipline and have 1 - 3+ years previous experience in a shipping coordination related function.
- Highly detail-oriented work style.
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Team oriented gets along well with others, builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Self-motivated, can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Proven capability in driving standardization and digitalization to drive continuous performance and process improvements.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.