Tesla is looking for a technician to support the development, implementation and application of a wide variety of test and validation plans/methods with our Core Test Engineering Technology (CTET) team. In this role you will have a broad scope of responsibility from creating electrical test fixtures, to executing test plans and writing test reports.
- Build, assemble and setup of test/validation equipment and fixtures.
- Install and use of data acquisition equipment and other instrumentation.
- Record and analyze test data.
- Document and report on issues found during test and work closely with Test Engineering to address these.
- Support the development of test/validation plans and methods that assure reliability, structural and other engineering targets are met by the component/system tested.
- Validate test systems, integrate, deploy and maintain systems on the production line.
AS degree in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
5 years + of experience in an engineering development environment
- 5 years + experience in a Test Technician Role
- Strong understanding of engineering and reliability fundamentals.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, and lab equipment.
- Strong experience with reading, interpreting, and drawing electrical schematics and circuits.
- Strong experience with wiring diagrams and harness drawings.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, DMMs and HV power supplies.
- Experience in the use of a broad variety of test, control and data acquisition equipment.
- Software experience preferred (LabVIEW, Python, Golang).
- High voltage/power experience preferred.
- Low voltage and control system experience preferred.
- Experience with HV battery systems preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and ability to change direction quickly.