Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Associate Equipment Maintenance Manager who will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of our advanced 4680 battery cell manufacturing equipment. You'll have the opportunity to lead all facets of the new 24/7 critical production line equipment and maintenance teams as an innovator and change agent. You'll have the opportunity to build upon previous successes and take our Equipment Maintenance team to the next level by collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics and equipment maintenance.
- Drive a culture of safety, reliability, and ownership.
- Direct leadership of 4 maintenance crews covering a 24/7 operating capability.
- Defining daily tasks and setting directions for the team necessary to achieve departmental objectives.
- Lead and provide customer service to the Production / Operations departments and managers.
- Responsibility for manpower management: day to day line support, in-house repair work, vacation, OT & weekend work scheduling.
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks; equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical), etc.
- Execute CI efforts in collaboration with production and engineering teams.
- Standard development and creation of job plans, procedures, and methods.
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and minor contractor projects.
- Assist with budget development and reporting.
- Establish, update, and maintain spare parts inventory. Identify and order needed parts, maintain tracking system.
- Training and directing the training of maintenance associates to support production requirements.
- Tesla people leaders are responsible for a variety of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) assurance functions, including ensuring their teams’ safety training is current, documenting EHS incidents, correcting proactively workplace hazards in the areas, and empowering others to continuously improve operations.
- 5+ years of experience in production line maintenance management.
- 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with troubleshooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance breakdowns and failures.
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas: Breakdown management & follow up action to prevent repeat occurrences, TPM, PM development and implementation, equipment spare parts management, OEE % improvement, MTTR reduction, and MTBF increases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of high-speed assembly operations including precision motion systems, container filling, laser welding, mechatronics, vision applications, instrumentation, and pneumatics is highly desirable.
- Experience in team building, safety, and technical training & development, coaching, and succession planning.
- Lean manufacturing skills and systems development utilizing a CMMS (Centralized Maintenance Management System).
- Project management experience with equipment installation, overhaul, and improvement projects.