Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Equipment Maintenance Techs who will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of our advanced 4680 battery cell manufacturing equipment.
The Equipment Maintenance tech will apply his/her technical skills to install, maintain and repair high speed high volume mechanical and electrical systems, factory automation and robotics. They will be the first-responding problem solvers who manage machine breakdowns and recoveries.
* Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all industrial production and mechatronic equipment.
* Diagnose equipment failures - root cause and communicate required actions across relevant teams.
* Perform major equipment repairs, rebuilds and installations.
* Collaborate with Process and Equipment Engineering teams to improve equipment reliability and maintenance protocols.
* Perform Corrective Maintenance (repairs) on more than one of these types of equipment:
o Electrical systems ranging from 24 VDC to 480 VAC 3 phase
o Mechanical systems
o Conveyor Systems
o Pneumatics / Vacuum Systems
o PLC and networks (Allen Bradley / Siemens / Beckoff)
o Vison/Inspection Equipment (Keyence / XRAY / Surface inspectors)
o Fanuc Robots
* Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogues and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms
* Log all work as performed utilizing Tesla CMMS.
* Perform other tasks as instructed by management.
* Three (3) or more years of experience working in a maintenance capacity on production manufacturing equipment and/or have equivalent training or relevant education;
* Demonstrate ability to analyze problems and error conditions, identify root causes, and implement viable long-term solutions.
* Experience using a volt / multi-meter and interpret schematic diagrams to troubleshoot electrical systems.
* Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical assembly drawings and accurately measure and inspect tolerance.
* High speed precision conveyances knowledge utilizing magnetics, belts, rotary dials and Pneumatics
* Proficient with pneumatics-solenoid valves, actuator and control operations and can read schematics
* Proficient with basic hydraulic and vacuum system operations.
* Experience with Roll to Roll coating, Toll coating, Laminating and slitting with a high level of tolerances on the micron scale is a plus, but not required.
* Follow all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S, Arc Flash, etc.).
* This is a physically demanding job working in tight spaces, requiring walking and standing all day, as well as, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day. Maintenance Technicians will lift up to 50 lbs. and utilize other hand tools and power tools as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location