The successful candidate for the Maintenance Technician in our Body Shop will have broad-based industrial maintenance experience. That experience will encompass Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Welding, Machining, Conveyor systems, etc. Must be willing to tackle whatever maintenance challenge present itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise.
- Day-to-day coverage of production line body shop equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Create, modify, and implement PM documents, schedules, and activities under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Design, fabricate, implement, and fully document equipment improvements and modifications.
- Manage spare part inventory.
- Participate in weekend work planning.
- Mentor junior Equipment Maintenance Technicians
- Become the subject matter expert when it comes to process.
- 5+ years of extensive experience maintaining body shop equipment, or industrial equipment and automation.
- Must have expertise in one trade, proficiency in others, and the willingness to learn additional.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Experience in PLC and Robot programming, pneumatics, electrical is highly desired.
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs.
- Overtime and weekends as needed.
- Willingness to travel for training or for company business needs.