Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager to lead Yield Management Team within our Messaging Exchange business unit. You will be directly responsible for Twilio customers' business outcomes by owning profitability through cost/quality performance optimization across all Twilio routing products. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration with product management, Supply/Demand Sales, and customers. Experience from high analytical and real-time decisions industries is required, preferably in the global messaging industry.
- 8+ years of combined experience in Global Telecom, A2P Messaging industry, leading quantitative, highly analytical products or projects for their customers.
- Very organized, structured and detailed-driven mindset, with strong operational skills - ability to set action plans quickly with clear objectives
- Strong Leadership skills - ability to influence, empower, inspire team members
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships
- High analytical mindset, with ability to manipulate large data sets to maximize market driven results and financial outcomes
- High Entrepreneurial mindset with appetite to define, lead and execute strategies across multi-projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking ownerships
- Strong financial reporting and forecasting skills of key metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years' of experience
- Deep experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms
- Domain expertise from a highly quantitative industry such as Investment Banking, Corporate Procurement
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS experience
- Achieve/exceed gross profit and revenue targets by optimizing cost/quality performance across all Messaging Exchange customers and Compass profiles, enabling a holistic view of routing opportunities in our key focus countries.
- Operational management - Manage Messaging Exchange routing operations team for the top 36 countries and long tail countries. Deliver operational excellence and country expertise to maximize bespoke/standard traffic and profitability, and optimize cost/quality performance.
- Cross functional collaboration - Professionalism, accountability, intraday responsiveness, problem solving skills focused on customer success and GP improvements to Twilio. Thoughtfulness as to how we partner and engage with Supply, MXS, SuperNetwork, Product, and GTM to deliver best in class services to our customers.
- Ownership & leadership - Act like an owner. Take personal accountability for results and overall engagement of teams under management.
- Model, lead and coach at all levels to ensure engagement and goals are met.
- Align Yield management individual and team goals with Messaging exchange BU goals.
- Leverage Product and Technical experience - Acquire solid understanding of Messaging operations and technical infrastructure. Able to challenge operational and product teams (Supply ops, NOC, engineering, PMs, CRs,..) and bring operational expertise.
- Learn and leverage new technologies, products, systems and processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their consumer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position could be located in either our San Francisco, CA; NYC, NY; Denver, CO; Atlanta, GA offices; or remote home locations. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks