Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an end-to-end video delivery service, within Amazon Web Services, which runs one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world. It is built on top of Twitch Video which is offered to external customers. Live streaming is a growing medium for many companies to uniquely engage their audiences. Amazon IVS enables the building and scaling of such live streaming platforms, just as it does for Twitch, where more than a billion hours are streamed live each month.
As a Senior Customer Success Engineer, you will own the overall technical relationship with the assigned IVS customers and will establish a strategic and 'trusted advisor' posture to help drive continued value. You will build the technical account plan, design customer onboarding and implementation processes, deliver training, grow adoption, and ensure retention and high levels of customer satisfaction. You leverage your technical acumen to address and resolve both client-side and server-side video integration challenges; and your commercial experience to with all senior-level management to understand the business context of the customer needs, remove obstacles to customer success, and communicate learnings.
This position can also be located in either Taipei, Taiwan, San Francisco, CA, or Seattle, WA.
- Serve as the day-to-day technical contact for assigned accounts
- Work with Business Development, Account Management, and Solutions Architecture teams during the pre-sales lifecycle to communicate the business value of Amazon IVS, evaluate the product fit, and forecast onboarding effort
- Help the customer to define an onboarding process, deliverables, and targets
- Facilitate engagement between stakeholders including customer engineers, third party service providers, and internal AWS service teams to ensure deliverables are met on time and to the highest quality
- Transfer knowledge and best practices to the customer throughout onboarding and integration to ensure continued success
- Categorise, evaluate, escalate, and case manage integration problems through to resolution
- Create feedback mechanisms to harvest growth and innovation opportunities from customers
- Advocate for customer across internal product management, support, and account teams
- Identify opportunities to accelerate and simplify customer onboarding through 1:many mechanisms such as code samples, documentation, process improvements, or SDK changes
- Ensure a smooth internal and external handover of your customer solutions to IVS support teams
- 5+ years' experience in media encoding, transcoding, ABR packaging, and transport for OTT networks
- 3+ years' experience creating web or mobile front end solutions in Objective C / Swift for iOS, Java for Android, or React for web
- 3+ years' experience in a customer facing role such as Customer Support, Solutions Architecture, Professional Services, Customer Success, or Technical Account Management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study, or 12+ years of related work experience
- A passion for working on leading edge technologies and solving intrinsically hard problems
- Fluent in Mandarin, Japanese or Korean
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages