Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch's Mobile Engineering team develops applications for the iOS platform. This platform represents an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an iOS Software Engineer on our Mobile Platform Team, you will establish the architecture and best practices to allow you and the team to contribute to a rapidly-evolving, native app that is a portal to the Twitch community for millions of users. You will work with modern technologies like Swift, SwiftUI, and GraphQL to contribute to a mobile developer platform that empowers our team to build a delightful consumer experience. You will report to our Director of Engineering and can work from either our San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Austin, or our New York City offices.
- Define and evolve the architecture patterns our iOS Engineers use to deliver features to our customers
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Build, deliver, and measure the impact of large and small features to deliver value to our creators and viewers
- 3+ years of iOS development experience
- Proficiency with Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs, CI / CD, or AWS
- A talent for building consensus around technical decisions and guiding the team along evolving architecture patterns
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages