As an Engineering Lead within Zalando Direct (Zalando's Marketplace) department in the API Management and Builder Platform team, you will be building Zalando's marketplace infrastructure and you will enable business units on their API-led integration journey, as well you will enable external B2B partners developers to integrate with our services and APIs assuring a great developer experience.
You will initially join one of our well established infrastructure teams which is taking care of infrastructure components such as Identity and Access management systems, API Gateway and Developer Documentation to then lead the path towards the formation of a new team focusing on API Management and Developers experience and productivity.
If you are ready to drive changes affecting the key department of a billion turnover company, we are looking forward to having you in our brand new headquarters in Berlin!
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical vision and architectural direction to create highly scalable solutions. You will support your team in driving the implementation of services from architecture to testing, deployment and operation.
- Facilitate collaboration, communication and decision-making between the engineering team, product owners and business stakeholders. You partner with product owners and managers, engineering and architecture teams to influence product strategy and drive the product development roadmap.
- Attract, onboard, develop and retain diverse top talent to your team and transform the landscape of Zalando's marketplace platform.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A solid background in software engineering with a strong understanding of core priorities, KPI's and underlying system architecture.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented and functional programming languages with a profound knowledge of RESTful APIs and highly distributed, scalable and resilient microservices landscapes.
- You have experience leading and developing cross-functional engineering teams within an international, agile environment or you are a senior software engineer who is aspiring to become an Engineering Manager. You have been exposed to some leadership responsibilities and you believe in your leadership potential and would like to further expand and develop your leadership skills.
- You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams. You think creatively, are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, and business needs.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 100+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.