ABOUT THE TEAM
Head of Product - Payment Methods
Subscription is mission critical to the success of Zalando's rapid growth ambitions. Right now, we are at the beginning of the subscription journey to conceptualize, build and scale subscriptions across multiple business models in Zalando. The subscription business model is where our customers must pay a recurring price at regular intervals for access to a product or service. At Zalando, we already have this model for plus memberships and are currently exploring this for many more use cases.
As a product leader within Zalando payments for subscriptions, your product(s) would be critical to the ability of our customers to sign up for subscriptions and to the payment experience of the subscription sign up. You would work very closely with market leaders to build up your strategy on our customer's favourite payment methods, understand their P&L and make them accessible for subscription sign ups. In this role, we need someone who is able to build scalable products that serve multiple subscription business models, thereby making a difference to the lives of our customers.
As a (Principal) Product Manager you are fully responsible for the payment pillar within the larger subscription product line. You should be aware of the regulatory environment and the challenges, but also the opportunities that come with it, always driven by the customer. You will work with teams across the company to remove friction in the buying and payment process, making sure that customers are able to pay how they want to. Please visit us
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Discover and validate customer problems and commercial opportunities applying business savviness.
- Define and drive the vision and product strategy of product(s), aligning with stakeholders and transferring it into actionable roadmaps and ambitious results.
- You understand markets, competition and user needs in depth and are consistently driven by data to guide the strategy, roadmap and implementation.
- The customer is in the middle of your thinking.
- You have a mindset of experimentation.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Several years of hands-on software product management experience working with cross-functional teams of engineering, research, design, analytics and other partners.
- Know how to approach a customer problem or opportunity and how to validate it and to navigate to solution design, delivering scalable solutions.
- Ability to create a strong product vision and strategy and being able to transfer those to priorities and clearly communicate to product development teams, core business, and other product stakeholders.
- Data drivenness, with the skills to evaluate data and derive insights to make informed product decisions that are again reflected in clear success criteria for your product(s).
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work and to execute in a regulated environment whilst delivering constant customer value, addressing challenges, problems, and managing risk at the same time.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer-facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as the processing of payments and reconciliation in the back-end. Through smart risk steering, we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.