In the Machine Learning Platform you will be responsible for building systems to make it easier, simpler and faster to solve business problems with AI/Machine Learning Techniques for our builders at Zalando. You will own the design, implementation, and operation of our central platform that hosts our machine learning driven products like: search, recommendation, sales forecasting, risk assessment and many more that serve our 45+ million customers across 23 countries.
In this position you will have a great opportunity to learn about machine learning products' lifecycle and the new and evolving field of Machine Learning Ops (ML Ops).
We are a diverse team of engineers who support each other to solve problems, grow, and learn together by pairing and knowledge sharing sessions. We have regular hack days where we take time to learn and try new things and occasional game time!WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- As an experienced Engineer you will play a leading role in the design, architecture and development of end to end engineering solutions with full operational responsibilities on Cloud (AWS, Kubernetes) to allow our builders define, execute, and monitor Machine Learning Workflows
- You are comfortable learning new languages, technologies and systems to use the right tool for the job. (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, PostgreSQL, SageMaker, Databricks, AWS CDK).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with customers, product managers and engineering peers.
- Ability to exchange knowledge and willingness to mentor team members in terms of best practices, code quality and tech frameworks.
NICE TO HAVE
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working mainly with Python or willingness to learn Python
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools, AWS, and container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in building and operating REST APIs and understanding of event driven architectures
- You are experienced in writing clean, easy to change and testable code and encourage others to do so
- You are a strong team player with a growth mindset and have a "make it happen" attitude and the drive to grow others
PERKS AT WORK
- Experience with operating Machine Learning Models in production
- Experience with AWS SageMaker and AWS CDK
- Ability to support some frontend development of internal tooling built with React + Typescript
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 45 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.